Friday, February 2

"Mortified"

Chapter 3: The encounter Part 1

Bloody Hell! What the heck was that?
THUD! I could make vague judgments of the silhouette outside my opaque bedroom window. THUD! A sickening sound of something soft, squishy yet hard at the same time. THUD! Whatever it was its continuing its regime of tapping my window, i could sense its desires of intrusion. I leapt to my feet. I am starting to get numb from all this...
The sickening attacks on my window intensified. Bang! Bang! Bang! I fell , plying myself to the wall... my feet seems to have lost control. Cold perspiration rolled down my forehead. Then I heard it...
The groan of a zombie, there's no doubt about it. Its amazing how accurate all those movies are, the groans really do sound alike. The discovery however was not at all motivating...
I knelt and started to pray... ' Dear God, I really believe in you, whatever is your will, let it be done, but please help me , and all those whom i love to survive...' CRASH!!!
I opened my eyes, in front of me was fragments of acrylic form of glass, and specks of blood. My ears caught clear sounds this time. I reluctantly looked at the window. Zombie! In fact its my neighbor! Uncle Lim, Crap, they managed to get him? We stay on the fourteen story for crying out loud! Shit, poor uncle Lim.
But poor me, Here am I going to face the grim reaper himself. He managed to push his arm through the small whole he made on the window. He does not seem to mind the sharp edges of the whole slicing through his arm as he struggle to reach me, but in vain. My window is barricaded with a weak aluminum frame.
Poor me... And i have yet to tell my mum how much i really care for her... she might think i have turned into a juvenile deliquint since i do not talk much... Mum... I hope you are alright....
Standing in front of the struggling monster, i began to study it. His face were not decaying, but his skin color had turned to a dull grey, kinda like the color when you leave meat out in the air too long... his eyes however, were of extreme bloodshot. he do not seem to have abilities to move its mouth, or blink, however, i could tell its still breathing. Everytime it groaned, i could smell a slight putrid stench, like rotting flesh. Mr Lim, when i KNEW him, was rather frail for his size, for he is big, with a bulging stomach to match his pudgy arms. The Mr Lim i see now is nothing of his former self.
Suddenly he pulled his arm back out. I could tell from his groans that he is getting frustrated. For what? Do zombies really eat humans? Suddenly he began to drift away. I heaved a sigh of relief. I started to fall to the ground to rest from the intense encounter. Is it over for now?
CRASH!!!!!!!!! My eyes were wide open in wonder. A red brick flew past my face, just missing it by a few centimeters.As the destroyed window frame and fragments of my window seem to fall in slow motion, revealing Mr Lim, slumping forward from the throw, I picked myself up and ran to the living room. SHIT!!!!!! What on earth am I going to do now!? Stay at home, you will be most safe, YA RIGHT! thank you news casters. you just made my day worse.

No comments: