Thursday, February 1

Alrighto, I finally got some life back... must be becos i see no hope liao in some of the things i do. Bwa hahaha... Ok, I am thrilled to know i already have ONE fan for "Mortified". I wonder how well my story can proceed. Lets go.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

"Mortified"

Chapter 2: Reality Check

My spine shook, the grievous face of decay lay flat on the screen. A face of A middle aged lady, I could tell that she was beautiful once, not anymore. It has to be a sick joke, or a movie. I cannot take this anymore, how bad can this day be?
"...Scene in which you see, the dead are walking again...", The background shows a mass of people, walking in a sloppy manner, in the bright street lights of Woodlands Area, people screaming, there's total chaos. " The Police are trying what they can to stop them" The scene looks like its taken from a helicopter, the reporters must be wimping out too. Funny, This scene is so satirical, in all stories, the police never win...
I dashed to the door, bolted it and made sure every window was shut, I do not want a single one of them to notice my presence. The poor kid, I can only pray that it really was just a bad joke, that did not went wrong...
I blacked the house out, and shifted the tv to a more secluded part of the living room. There i continue to watch, out of fear, and out of panic.
"... to stay in your home, all citizens who are watching this program, are to remain calm and to stay in your home. Lock all doors and wait for the police presence..." Stay calm? How to stay Calm? This is a nightmare, Got to be a dream...
I firmly pressed the power button. A Queer sound of the screen fading out , made me realise that there was another distinct ringing... My Handphone!
" Ivan! you ok? Thank God! Where are you now?" "Teng Yao! Teng Yao right? I am at home! I cant believe this is happening man, whats going on" I could feel my hands trembling, yet my heart beat calmly after hearing a familiar voice.
" I also don't know what is going on lah, My area quite badly affected, got many zombies near the east coast area... I thought this would be cool... I guess those games really are just games..." "I know man, don't chicken out, you should be safe. You stay in a terrace home, you better go make sure all those doors and windows are shut tight." "Kay, you wait ar..." A heavy tone of a gently dropped phone vibrated through the earpiece. teng yao's house is pretty big, he better make sure he lock down the entire house...
Hmmm, a minute passed, still no reply. This is rather annoying, In this kind of situation, you would be dashing around like a fool.
Ring Ring!!!
What the... my handphone rang, someone is calling through the second line. What! Its Teng Yao!
"Ivan! Shit! Shit! They got through the back door! Shit! ( I could hear him choke at his breath, fear dominated his voice) They got my Dad and silvia, Shit! Ivan, cant really talk to you now... If we ever do meet again, shit what am i saying, FREAK! ugh, whatever it is, God bless you, pray for me, i will be heading for the marine parade neighborhood police post!"
Silence, a awkward silence. the ground showed droplets of moist, I did not realize the tears flowing. This has got to be a nightmare. This cant be real. This cant be happening. What the hell is going on!?
I knelt, and begin to crumble myself into a tight ball. I could feel the pain of my clenched fist, and the uneasiness building up in the stomach. All this is happening too fast, Everything seemed fine just ten minutes ago, And now my whole world seemed to turn upside down.
'Get a grip idiot! Why do you always crumble in difficult situations!?' I remembered a time, probably two years ago, I was still in secondary school. I was not the brightest of the lot, could tell by my class, it seemed we were all on par. No one could get along, and cliques were blood brotherhoods. There were at least three dominant cliques in the class, one could see a Bermuda triangle in the class...
Everyone would mind their own business, even the teachers could not care less about whether we graduate or not. Although we were a Express stream class, we were seen as the black sheep of the school...
Then there was this day, Lionel, tall but of mediocre built, began flicking bottle caps around in class after a bell rang. it was pretty normal, i wasnt bothered, i continued to talk to my close pal, mervin. while engrossed talking about the latest console game, a stray bottle cap flew between us, knocking the window pane with a loud noise. We naturally replied with annoyed faces, And continued talking. Then another one came. Now that pissed me off, i began to shift my chair, but halted sharp before i could get up. What was i thinking, Thats lionel, I dont have the guts to talk to him. I began to calm down and face mervin again, however, as soon as i turned my head, i could feel the impact of a tiny round shape item at the back of my head.
That was it... I could not stand it anymore... I really want to just beat the idiot up. My eyes was red in anger, I could have killed someone without conscience. But i could not... I am just too afraid. I looked at mervin. He was already standing up.
" Oi! Asshole, you wanna pick on my brother here? Pick on someone else lah! Like your size!" Lionel's face twisted with rage. He came charging, flinging aside the table that stood between mervin and him. The flying table crashed into the teachers table, simultaneous with the powerful shove i felt by my side. I fell to my right, my arm cushioning my fall. Lionel grabbed Mervin by the collar, " So now you think you are my size? Punk! You are nowhere near me!" He pounded mervin's face mercilessly, the class stood in shock... no one could respond. I cant blame them. It was a Bloody sight... then mervin looked over at my side... "Ivan... Help me..."
I would never forget how i ran away in fear that day. I was gutless... Mervin was hospitalised, and had a some damage in some area of the brain. Now he would have sudden spasm attacks, and he cant talk properly... He got transfered to a special school. As for Lionel, he got expelled... From that day on until we graduated, noone seriously confided in me. I was an outcast.
The tears flowed a agony, I curled myself up and lay on the floor. I suddenly lost all motivation to move.I would just lay here till help arrived...
Suddenly, A loud thud banged against my bedroom window.

End of chapter 2

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Woah, ok this time the story a little draggy , 2 chapters and its based on just fifteen minutes of activity. interesting... now i am pretty satisfied once again. Alright till next time. Night!

No comments: