Monday, April 14

Hihi my good old friends!!!!! welcome back for another round of the rare christian Ivan! Ok today i have mode of entry. The usual whacky one and a slighty very serious one. But heres the whacked out one first.

Youth started slightly.... late again. and because of my little jamming session with someone b4 worship, i forgot to practice with mavis. so pretty much jamming session 2 for worship. And mavis broke down during worship... I guess mavis, you are such a sensitive person ( yet extremely violent and scary sometimes! NOT CUTE AR!!!!!)

After youth, had to teach guitar for a while. Seriously i think i must find a way to teach somewhere quiet and as little distraction as possible. haha everyone gathered in the self control room, become a party. how to teach? lol

And oh haha lunch time, you guys were there too right? The wanton mee stall. The hawker was flipping noodles and to round the noodles into a nice ball to serve, he would toss the noodles into the air. Haha, I went to order a second round to try and see him do it again. But he told me he cant toss Hor Fun. haha figures. But josiah so happened to come and order wanton mee. FUUU! Darryl and I took out our phones...





After youth and lunch, the fantastic 4 bored people ( Myself, Zhen Wei, Mavis, Josiah ) bummed in church for almost an hour wondering of wat to do... So one of the things we did were...




And At the station... Mavis Tried to pit her strength ( and body weight ) against Josiah... And haha, I did not manage to catch it but Josiah lifted mavis by holding on to her head. haha some one call the SPCA!!!!!!!





Then we decided to go to JP cos when we were discussing where to go... someone went jumping up and down saying " I wanna eat ice scream ". Jo was like "I wanna go gym" and I prefered the gym to the ice cream idea ( i dun want the extra cals...) Haha but you can see her satisfied face when we finally found a nice little shop, called "Scoop" at the basement area. Cheap and filling.



ok. whacky part over. Partly why i wanted to rush it because i wanna talk more about something else. After the ice cream and a little arcade, we went to Subway for dinner. Partly cos its Zhenwei's BD! happy birthday bro! But then we talked about politics... haha mavis was slping... and it turned into the question of church structure and systems.

The is this sadness i feel for churches that preaches prosperity. Their Focus on God is based on presumptive faith as Josiah puts it. People are taught that they should give as much as possible because God promises riches to those who receive. Churches are market place and its filled with Christians who seek wealth through the church by networking and business. And there are the faithful ones who fall under the mindset that they must give as much as possible...

Here's a poem i wrote today on the way to school... (yup school started T.T )
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Flip Side Of The Copper Coins

One early Sunday Morning
You entered with life's despair
Among the midst of thousands
You hope there's a seat to spare

The music rocked and the ground shook
You're standing in a Holy place
Till one man, up there he stood
And gently asked, 'Please give freely in grace'

You shake your head in worry
cause you have God to please,
So the man prayed a simple prayer,
for us to give the biggest piece

He tells the tale of the two copper coins
You could not hold the tears anymore
Reaching for your only fifty dollar bill
Your knees touched the floor

You closed your eyes, looked up and prayed,
' Dear Lord, this I humbly give '
And in the end , the man proudly said,
' The generous shall receive! '

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wanted to turn it into a song, but i think its good as it is now. I might wanna do a part 2 soon as i know of other cases as i know a few stories why people leave prosperity preaching churches.

tomorrow is the worship leading course for care group. In the sense i still need the training. though i doubt i may learn anything new, its always good to go for refresher course...

Wenxin smsed me asking me whether i wanna do the first session ( everyone has to prepare a sample worship for evaluation ) and i was telling her. "haha you want a good example for wat not to do right?" She replied saying that everyone else is not experienced. Hmmm there was pride but it quickly deflated cos i knew i might be helping more than learning... I rmb she called me once, she asked me whether i want to lead sunday offering every 2nd week. I was telling her " Huh, my style can meh? I think better get ready some ambulances ar ", She said " haha dun frighten the old people can liao lar ". I frighten old people? thats the first... ( not actually, my grandma always say i give her a shock because my footsteps cannot be heard... )

About tomorrow, I have prepared a few songs. the requirement is 4 songs to open session and 2 closing songs. I pondered for a while... And There was a great desire to play this song...




Oooh i like the impromptu solo ending i gave the song... I changed many chords because the chords i found were like so wrong. But its tough to sing this song... its so high... if Jasmine or Andrea sing this song (or you mavis... ) glass will shatter...

In school, my good friend ( who extremely resembles Norman's personality ) was telling me " I've got a girlfriend now ". ok... Then we talked about how his hols was and he said he was busy because of internship and GRL Phren... Then it came to his dream to go overseas to study and pursue music, but now he wants to stay local because he has a Kurl Flan. I mean WATS UP MAN. you giving everything up? your dreams and aspiration because you have a Ghirl Flend? ARGH! dun give up man.... you can make it. I know. I have seen thousands of lousier singers than you man...

Not sure to feel sad or happy now tat i am single. My friends are getting attached or are attached. Argh wats this!!!!!!! Is it so wrong for me to remain one for the while till i go to work, stabilize my future then find my future God send?

Nvm, i will find greater pleasure in other things for now. I must not let girls over take my life anymore. Sigh... Though how much i desire for the one... i have to wait.

BUT I MEAN WATS UP MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!@*&^#@*&$^*&^@#$%!@$

" I have a girlf.... "

@#%$@#&%$&^%@&#%$^&@%#&$%@#%$@#%&$ ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just leave me alone lah loverboy. haiz i wanna give you my blessings but ARGH!!!!!!!


..............................................

.................

1... 2.... 3... 4..

ok much better now. ARgh... man...

I must make it while i still can. I must make my dream. I must prove to myself that i could do it. And i think that everyone of you should clearly think of your paths ahead. Or soon you road will laid with tons of humps called regret.

But for now we should try and at least contribute something to our future. like i read a book that said if we saved a dollar a day and put it into a bank for 66 years, we would have our million dollars. Whoopie doo doo. I wanna save a dollar a day too!

And so you hardy boys and girls out there. plan well and live smart, May the good Lord shine His gracious hands on you ( imagine the line spoken through a old cowboy grandpa ) haha

Alright i have spent alot of time on this entry, see ya soon!

Leave a tag!

No comments: