Wednesday, January 31

hi guys, you are now victims if my new hobby... writing. I just thought of writing a paragraph from my 'imaginary' books, on random topics. Last night i could not sleep well, i was on the sofa, suppose to be watching news... dozed off around 1am... left the tv on though... i woke around 4am the tv still blasting away, so i flipped back to channel 8, cos my grandma only watches that channel, and only know how to press the power button '-_- and caught the last few minutes of a chinese zombie movie. pretty bad make up but still satisfying for this zombie movie fan.

"Mortified"

Chapter 1: Beginning.

Eerie, I could not grasp the situation.A late night and a empty corridor, that stretches end to end like a elastic band that is ready to snap anytime. The phobia lubricates the gears that drives my adrenaline glands. I took steps, some big one then even bigger ones. Soon i was at a jogging pace, trying not to look at the end, i focused on the etches of the gravel beneath my feet.
Sadly I have this phobia, one that i cannot look at extremely far objects, like long straight roads, train tracks, places that i know i must travel. the thought of the item so far away from me grips me at the throat, strangling me.
Not to mention, with the current crisis that the country is facing. Can you imagine? 5 people, all of different races, different backgrounds, went missing last night? This is Singapore, for crying out loud, shouldn't it be the safest place on earth? It had been the talk of the class the whole day, the campus seems alive with weird rumors of some biological breakthrough that Singapore had accomplish, and the missing cases...
Today the streets seems interestingly quiet. How i wish they were this quiet all the time, i can not stand noise. But why could this be? Could there be a interesting TV show that is going on that i know not of? Or could there be a parade? In this part of Jurong, There are hardly anything going on. Even the army seems to have ceased their activities in the small forest behind. weird.
The void deck, finally some signs of life, some malay kids kicking a small rubber ball around. My spirit heightened a bit as i approached the lift.
reached my floor, i looked down at my feet again. Why does my mom have to buy a unit at the end of the corridor? but this is familiar grounds. i walked in slightly stronger manner.
Suddenly i heard a scream, a small kids one coming from downstairs. A scream that pierced the night. I jumped a bit, and attempt to see whats going downstairs. bad view. A tree stood between the fourteen story corridor and the ground floor. but whatever it was, it had stopped. I prayed that it was just a nasty scare that friends like to give you some time. Assured, i pushed the key and opened the door.
"Mom? I'm home!". No response. Oh well, its not like i expect something. She could be out doing overtime again. i callously flipped the lights on, and sauntered to my room. The small boy or girl, cant tell, scream rang through my head. it gives me the creeps, wonder how he could be now, the scream that bad could mean that the boy is going to suffer some trauma for a while. Poor guy...
I walked to the kitchen to fetch a drink. Winter Melon, one of the remaining two small cartons. another sight that creep me out, from my kitchen window, i could see that the whole neighborhood, which was like two to three blocks, not a single light turned on! A blackout? that spanned all the blocks except mine? I went closer to see the void deck, weird... the lights are on. i could even see a person staggering by.
I need to call my mom to check how is she. I just got this bad feeling that i should be calling her now. I reached into my pocket to retrieve my handphone, drats, the batteries died on me the whole day, how could i forgotten? I brisked to the bedroom and plucked the charger in. As soon as the power turned on, the phone rang.
two calls one from my classmate Justin, and one from my mum. Argh, whats this? I hardly talk to anyone, and this is the first time i am feeling this. I switched the call to my mums. Fuzz thats all i hear, a lot of interference. I could only make out some sounds that sounds like my mum's. "Hello, Mum I cant hear you, too much interference! Call me again somewhere else k!" Its pretty normal to me, Every time she calls me from the office, thats all i hear. I dialed justin's name into the directory and pressed the call button. No network. What the heck. Thats new. I took up the house phone. ah, the clear tone. I dialed his number, only to be returned with the busy message. Thats it, I have enough of the suspense. I jumped onto the sofa and turned on the tv. As soon as the tv turned on, I jumped in shock.

end of chapter 1.

Bwa haha. thats pretty satisfying. I wanna see how would the story turn out in the end. So stay tune to find out more in "Mortified".

Ivan out.

No comments: