Sunday, May 20

20/5/87

the day i was born

20/5/07

Current Situation : Now Lying in bed, recovering from a cold flu i recieved a day before...

Not your ideal birthday situation isnt it.

Sure i wished i was better, go to church and Worship God while getting greetings from the others, I dun feel a bit deprived a little bit.

Though I do feel however that i should not have missed service yesterday and today... my mum said that the message was impactful. But due to unforeseen circumstances and what seemed more important, being there for someone in times of need.

Sure, excuses. but hey, someone was better and I thank God for that.

But yesterday was one pleasant surprise after another. Started out at youth yesterday.

I did not expect anything maybe because i thought they celebrating birthday only in june... then when i saw Don announcing that its my birthday, I was like "ah, saboh..." Then when i turn back, I saw that big cake with my name on it. then i went "wha..." I was shocked, flabbergasted. Stacy then brought the cake to me... I was too happy to say anything already...

Then my mum and I were late for dinner. Uncle He Meng, drove us there although out of the way. to the mandarin hotel, pine courts. My aunt wanted a celebration there as a birthday gift to me. thank God we reached on time. By that time, i was already confirmed sick...

Then the family came, wishing me one by one. Even my cousin's girlfriend who does not talk to anyone came up to wish me. and they passed me my presents. This year i have only 3 material presents. ( i did not expect anything though , now i am on cloud nine ) wait i have 4, the most important one to me, the one Don pass me. haha

We had a great dinner, had great conversations, and got to catch up with everybody. Boy did i miss them. then it was time for the birthday cake that the restaurant kept as a surprise. A medium sized brownie cake. FUUUUUUUU!

then when my family sang the birthday chorus, they noted to me the foreign couple that clapped for me too. I had to return formalities, i brought 2 cakes over for each of them, and the female companion returned with a friendly 2 way kiss. AH THAT WAS MY FIRST TIME WITH A FOREIGNER!

then the restuarant invited a 3 stringed instrument band to perform for me, although they were in a rush, they extended their heart felt wishes. More than enough for me. And danced with the couple, who were Greeks, although i danced badly and was sick, i hope to put up a good face for singaporeans ( so patriotic ar me ) and then took pictures with them and said our good byes!

then I took a spin in my aunt's new car, the latest series of the Toyota vios. I know, its not that great, But it has a killer sound system in it. Rocking!

then we went to macs, had some snacks ( you know how is it to eat in a posh restaurant, you will never be full ). then it was time to say our good byes.

Under the effects of panadol, i was knocked out throughout the ride home. reached home rather late, but then went online to check emails and stuff. Then I managed to suprise someone whom i admired for the past one year. ( not infactuation admire, but just admire ). whoopie doo doo!

Then When I woke up, to discover i felt too sick to leave for church. Whoopie poo poo. man...

But all those smses that wished me "get well soon" and "Happy Birthday"s empowered me to get well soon. I never felt so much love in such a short period of time...

God I am sorry i missed service today. But I promise you that i do not take lightly the divine worship that is to worship and to glorify your name in watever i do. You blessed me with breath 20 years ago, I exalt you oh God.

God indeed deserves all exaltations, let us do so whenever it comes to our birthdays!

Okok, i gotta go rest now... sweating like a pig...


JA NE!

No comments: